Monday, August 24, 2009

He's Grrrrrreat!

Switchin it up on yall today. One of the jobs of Tha King is put his people on. So today I'm Streve Nashin(that means passing) it off to my boy, Alexander The Great, so he can drop some of his very own knowledge. He's thinking about starting his own blog so if you like his stuff please let him know on the comments. We will be back to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow. Peace Kids;

People and their ways.

We all have out own ways about how we are, how we do things, how we like things to be done etc., but, at some point, dealing with other humans, who in turn possess their own idiosyncrasies, is it not "right" or "sensible" to, not so much CHANGE, but adapt and make some sort of compromise with your "ways" in order to function with other people that have their own "ways"?

Take that in for a second.

Are we, who should be accepted for all our differences and similarities, supposed to alter our behaviours in order to facilitate others? The answer is an obvious yes to me. I know that females or males that try to "change" their partners are looked down upon, and the reason people have for frowning upon that is because they feel that people should be accepted for who they. However, change is something you do until you die. We all learn from everything in life, and that learning makes us change things about ourselves.

I have a friend who is stuck in his ways and we were chillin' with another two people who were brothers. These brothers know how to function around each other. Also, its apparent that they adjust their ways to facilitate others. So my friend does things that the two brothers aren't used to and confrontation occurs.

My question, people, is this: should we, the people, never change our ways, or should we adjust to situations? I think the answer is obvious. Tell me otherwise.

The Great.


Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.

4 comments:

  1. I think we have to learn to adapt to new situations. You can't go into something set in your ways and expect things to go smoothly. It just doesn't happen. People think that when you adapt to something you end up changing who you are. I don't think thats true. Your just doing what works so that you can have some sense of peace. Lol. The essence of who you are isn't different just your approach to things and situations is. Now I don't believe in trying to change people but inevitable (especially in relationships) you learn to adapt/get used your partner. If your not willing to adapt Lord help you.

    Good post by the way. Very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are so set in their ways that's it hard for them to change esp when thrown into different situations. But its best that they learn how to adapt, like example I'm working in a different place and I'm so use to doing things a certain way and I start at the new place and they do some things completely different. I had to learn how to adapt to their ways of doing things and at the same time they started changing some of their ways of doing things to how I was use to doing things. We each bring different things to the table, in relationships I think it should be more compromising than change. Because when you enter a relationship the other person should already know what they are getting into, but they shouldn't have to completely change all the things their partner doesn't like but compromise and make a change that is going to benefit the relationship. If you change for each and everyone than you are going to lose your identity, the person you are, just to satisfy others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it depends on the situation. Like Dominique said above, sometimes when your working in a new setting you have to adapt to the way other people do things. You know the saying; "when in rome...."(do people even know the rest of that saying cause that's the only part you hear.) In terms of friends and in relationships I think you shouldn't have to change unless you feel it's in your best interest as well. You shouldn't be forced to change to appease someone else. Friends are the family you get to pick so if someone is pressuring you to change than you need to consider picking new friends.

    Good post brotha. ATG is one of Tha King's oldest and most reliable friends. In the 6th grade everyday after school this guy asked to borrow a dollar cause Tha King was ballin like that. I gave it to him, not thinking I was gonna get it back even though he swore I would. Last day of school dude comes up to me and goes "Thanks for all those dollars bro," and hands me a 100 dollar bill. I wish everybody I knew paid people back like that!

    You remember that homie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all of the above. Learning to adapt to different situations is something that is part of maturing. I believe everyone has different facets of themselves that we alter depending on where we are. It does not mean we're changing who we are. But, at the same time, I also don't think change is always bad. I know I have changed from high school to college to now, based on the experiences that have shaped and reshaped me. It doesn't mean I have lost myself, it just means I'm still growing as a person.

    As for change within relationships, I agree with Dominique. If you're going into a relationship thinking you're going to change the other person then you shouldn't be entering into that relationship in the first place. Relationships are definitely more about compromise.

    Interesting post. I liked it.

    - Tausha

    P.S.- "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"(but we get the gist so we never have to finish the whole saying).

    ReplyDelete