Friday, April 03, 2009

Lookin at the game....

....Its about that time I air these fools out because it's starting to piss me off. Props to my boy Ace for suggesting I blog about it. Is blog a verb or a noun? Doesn't matter.

So I'm sitting at work @ the computer trying to find a store that's going to be selling a particular pair of kicks(sneakers, catch up if you didn't know) that I wanted. For those who don't know I have a completely healthy obsession with sneakers. Sure wifey has threatened to break up with me and my mother to disown me if I bought another pair but who's mom and girl hasn't said that? So I go to one of the many sneaker sites I have bookmarked on my computer and I see, much to my disgust, that the hypebeasts have already started lining up in front of the stores an entire day before the shoes are going to go on sale! In the pouring rain no less!! Why would you do such a thing? Before I continue I feel I should define the term "hypebeast."


Hypebeast: Noun, A person who must buy the latest and most "hyped" clothing, shoes, etc; Someone who has no real style but thinks they look good because everything they have on is limited edition.






Fool like these line up outside stores days before the release for any sneaker that says limited on it. Making them almost impossible for normal people like myself to get it pair. As seen clearly in the picture this is the highlight of their meager existence, which is why they are decked out with there finest "limited edition"clothes on to wait on a line for hours. If I didn't have a job, or a girl, or any remnants of a social life I'd probably be down there lined up too. I'm seriously considering going down there and robbing these dudes as the come out the store with their new purchased limited edition sneakers in hand. The ones that should be MINE! lil bastards.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO this reminds me of my high school days and my obsession with Jordans. I was once as you put it a "hypebeast" (minus the part wit no style) I always had to have the latest but as I got older the hype slowly died off I can care less about kickz these days...but wit out hypebeasts there would be no need for limited things

    ReplyDelete