Friday, July 31, 2009

CHANGE the game



I had a entirely different post for today but I saw the paper this morning and felt like I had to talk about this. Especially given the fact that just yesterday someone asked me how I felt about the job President Obama(has anyone noticed that Fox never refers to him as President Obama?) has done thus far.

The thing that people need to understand is that the US government works VERY SLOWLY. The bills that get passed today were probably introduced sometime last year. We went really start to feel the effects of Obama's policies until at least another year. For people to even be attempting to judge the job he's doing at this stage of the game is unfair to him and not wise on their part. However, we can judge him on how he handles certain situations like the one involving Henry Louis Gates Jr and Sgt James Crowley. If you don't know background story, get from under that rock stop reading this and go to New York Times.com immediately.

Pictured above is President Obama, sharing a beer with Gates and Crowley. Applaud this man. This is exactly how grown men handle their disagreements, over a brew. Fuck the politics and the diplomacy and all that bullshit. When It's crunch time, I need my leader to handle shit like grown men do. Tha King approves Obama, he can have a beer with me any day. He said it a million times that change doesn't happen overnight. It takes time people. We made him our president, now let him do his job.

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree wit you on how people are judging him. Nothing dealing with politics, the government, or bills and laws happen over night people are just being way to impatient and ignorant by not let him do his job at a steady pace fot the greater good of Americans.

    However if there's one thing I have to disagree with Prez. O & The King on, is the need to have had a "Beer Summit". I think his statement " The Cambridge policeman acted stupidly" is completely true and worth saying there is no doubt the policeman did. It was all because of PR the summit even happened, all to retract and make up for his so called "bad statement"....but was it really a bad statement, does the Prez. Not have a right to voice his own opinion without people jumping down his throat.

    Come on people let's be real here,what real reason did the cop have to arrest Gates after Gates had shown TWO forms of ID both proving his proof of address. None I say but the fact that the cop indeed acted stupidly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing that. It's way more realistic lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Unique. The whole incident was stupid. Once again it shows that race relations will ALWAYS be an issue. While I understand the whole thing it is not fair that a man who LIED on the police report can get off clean and drink beer with the President.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% agree. Lay off him. He handles situations the way REAL people do and thats the type of person I want running the country. Not some fake politician.

    And Amen to what Mz Unique Expressions said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOUR NOT DUMB KING JUST FULL OF YOURSELF.
    I LIKE THAT, GIVES ME THE CHALLENGE THAT I NEED.
    CHANGE NOT REVOLUTION.
    THIS IS SOME THING WE'LL HAVE TO EXPLORE.
    MR.NEGUS

    ReplyDelete