Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is it in you?

Another commute inspired post. As the days get warmer and the women of New York more scantily clad, I find myself asking the question; What the f#*k am I doing in school?! Its a completely valid question. At this very moment I can think of a million things I'd rather being doing. High on the list is smacking fire out of this tool behind me that is poking me with his big ass northface backpack -I can say ass can't I? Of course I can,its my blog bitches. but I digress...

Why am I in school when I could be roaming the streets with dudes who refer to themselves by one letter and stand on stoops in a hood near you? Cause I'm a King, and I take it seriously. My motivation is expectation. All my life I've been told I had something that other people lacked.The King was destined to regin,and in the process bring his peoples to the promise land as well. For anyone that's still confused as to the topic of this post-its motivation. What motivates you to keep moving when it seems so easy to just give up? Why do you keep going when you peers are dropping like flies? I won't stop until I've fulfilled and surpassed the expectations of people like my Grandfather,Mother and my 2nd grade teacher(Hey Ms.B,thanks for the frog). These people thought that I could reach greatness.They invested in my future and I will return on their investments. That's what keeps me going. The only question now is who's gonna stop me from punching this damn kid with the book bag? Ya gotta love the MTA man.

4 comments:

  1. Very inspirational, real talk I got a few boys that need to preach that to so they can get off the streets and back into school. The wheather may be getting nice but its not gonna help us in our quest for a sucessful future.

    And if you were to hit the kid with the bookbag you instantly lower your standards to the very people your trying not to be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "sniff sniff" my lil Shawn is all grown up...


    Don Perignon, Lil Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the Peace brother.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother motivates me in that she is nowhere NEAR where she should be at this point in her life. I intend to do things I never imagined in my wildest dreams, be stable, secure and happy. No less

    ReplyDelete