Monday, October 05, 2009

Good Advice

It's been a long time, but Tha King has returned! I apologize for the absence and I have a very valid explanation for it........I just didn't feel like posting damnit! This is supposed to be fun/therapeutic for me. The minute it becomes a burden I stop, eventually the writer in me will come out again. I have been stockpiling ideas over the past few weeks, now all I have to do is try and remember them. I really need to start writing shit down.

Today, I'm going to throw myself under the bus, slightly.(Settle down all you Sha...uhhhh King haters. Its not that serious.) I'm going to throw myself under the bus in the sense that I'm going to criticize something that I admittedly do although I am trying to kick that habit. It's something that's especially stupid when your in a relationship, it annoys my girl to no end. What am I talking about? I'm talking about when a man/woman in need of advice, be it romantic or sexual, confide in someone of the opposite sex. Those of us that do it think it's perfectly logical and pretty damn smart. If I'm having a problem with my girl, why not ask the advice of another female? right? Wrong.

For starters you have to analyze the nature of the relationship you have with this person. Family doesn't apply because they're family and their motives are completely different. As for "friends" of the opposite sex, the bottom line is most of our friends of the opposite sex either want to bone us, we want to bone them or we've boned already. DON'T LIE PEOPLE!
As with everything in life they're are exceptions but if you think about it. Most of your friends of the opposite sex fall under one of the three ( co-workers and such don't apply here.)

So back to the topic at hand, why is it bad to ask these people for advice? They're bias. What business do I have asking a single females of the the same age group what I should do in my relationship? She's more than likely going to tell me something detrimental to my relationship because she wants to bone. Or just wants someone to be single and miserable with her(Not saying all single people are miserable.......yes I am.) Also, how is your significant other supposed to feel? I for one know damn sure I don't want my girl going to any of those lame ass dudes she calls friends for advice. Half the time they're telling her to leave me and she didn't ask them anything.

Soooo, is it wise to ask people of the opposite sex for advice on matters of the heart and the loins? Why or why not? SPEAK!

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend in college who stayed to him self my whole college career. He was VERY smart and intellectual and everyone turned to him for advice. Well that included women and he would be biased to the female perspective and listen which made the woman let her guard down. That was his entry to dem draws. As far as how I feel about my significant other talking to the opposite sex abt me, its cool but not with a dude she used to mess with. That puts her in a position of vulnerability I'm not comfortable with. However, it is important for significant other to speak to someone outside the relationship because your paramour or you yourself needs to know whether or not you a right for the way you feel in what ever matter is at hand. If you don't speak to those you trust for an honest opinion, then you run a high risk or remaining on a path of ignorance. Problems will re occur and your relationship will eventually self destruct. People need to find someone you trust and speak before you lose or mess up a good thing because of stupidity.

    ReplyDelete