Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Like fine wine.....

EURweb.com - MORGAN FREEMAN ...

 
Well! Its been an interesting weekend to say the least. Football, Tennis, concerts, award shows. While most of the blog world is talking about Kanye West Tha King decided that he gets enough free pub and I won't be adding to it.(Even though I guess I just did by saying his name, damnit!)By far the biggest news of the weekend however was Tha King's nephew in his football debut. He's a star in the making, just like his uncle.

As always one of Tha King's loyal subjects has come searching for guidance. We'll call her Stony Brook. Stony Brook is a young lady who when dating prefers that the male be older than her. Not an unusual occurrence. Lately she has been unsatisfied with these older men because they have exhibited the same immaturity that guys her age show. In her words. They play the same games. Stony Brook says that it defeats the purpose of dating older men. Tha King is confused. Is that the purpose? Maturity? Ha! Tha King is amused.

Tha King would to make all women clear, the notion that a man stops playing games as he gets older is false. If you play games you play games for life, unless life experiences have made you see the light. The reason you think older men don't play games is because they have perfected their game to the point that you can't see it. OG's is what they're called in these parts. From Tha King's perspective, there are only three valid reasons for women to date older men exclusively;

- Financial Stability: This doesn't matter to many women and its quite possible that you can find a younger dude who is, but more than likely a guy in his late's 20, early 30's and older is probably more stable than an 18-24 year old. Also they know he's gonna kick the bucket soon and all that money will be yours.

-Situational Convenience; Older men are more likely to have children, be married or in a serious relationship. This means if you just want part-time pipe will provide without acting clingy or catching feelings, hopefully.

-Compensation; My daddy wasn't there so now your gonna take his place, most common reason. No chick is gonna bring a dude the same age as her dad around her dad. Not a good idea.
 
For the women that date or prefer to date older men, what are you reasons? For the women that date your age we wanna know you reasoning as well. Guys, are you tired of seeing women your age with these old bastards? Do you feel you can offer everything an older man can or more?  


Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't imagine having sex with someone who is the same age as my brother or even bringing him home to meet my mother. That would not be day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well back when I dated men, I never wanted a guy who was too much older than me. The biggest gap was about 3 years my senior. My reasons for that was because I was young & I wanted to experience life without someone constantly telling me what to do without allowing me to make mistakes for myself and then learning from them. Older people tend to try & take on that parent role. They will dictate because they "lived life" already instead of just being your partner & supporting the choices you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that situational convenience needs a lil more added to it or it should be taken away. wut if the chick is not looking for sex only....than wut does an older dude offer in this situation. ohhh wut chick is looking for a dude as old as her pops... thats a lil extreme, once they hit a certain age there is a point where you have nothing in common. ur making it seem like its to much to ask for older guys to be mature when it comes to dealing with a female. i cud of swore getting older made u more aware of what your looking for. and by older i mean a few years (not a century!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember always saying i wanted to be with an older guy(for reasons that i can't remember right now)but I never seemed to find one i liked. But for damn sure the young ones loved me and i liked them too so i just took it as it was and had no preferences after a while. Why should i limit myself i was thinking i play video games and if i wanted something i got it myself and my father was there so thats how it went for ole kyta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the main reason women want to date older men (the ones who make the choice to) is because women, for the most part, are more emotionally mature than men at the same age. So by dating someone older, we feel like we're getting with someone who's our emotional equal, or close to it. At 24, I know many ladies who are ready to settle down and are feeling the pressure to get a boyfriend, become engaged, etc. But at 24, I think guys are still of the "having fun" mindset because they're just starting to get into their 20's.

    I personally look to date someone a few years older b/c I know a guy who's 26, 27, 28 is more likely to have his stuff together than a 23 or 24 year old (this isn't always true, the likelihood is just greater). On the other hand, I don't want to date someone much older than me because then it becomes more of a generational difference and it also gets a little creepy. I have friends who are 23, 24 and date guys in their late 30s and they are definitely drawn to the stability they provide (mostly financial, to your point).

    - Tausha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just think older men are sexy. Its just something about them, but thats just me. I'm attracted to the life experience, partly anyway. But I date a wide range not just older guys exclusively. Cuz like you said people can play games at any age. And to the situational thing they do catch feelings. But you're totally right about the not bringing some one the age of my father home. He's 52 and thats just nasty.

    ReplyDelete