Friday, September 11, 2009

I PUT ON FOR MY CITY


When in the course of human events....people like to talk shit when it isn't necessary, Tha King feels it is his duty to step in and defend his home land. Tha King is a King of many things, one of which being Tha King of New York(One of them)As a King of NY I feel that when someone starts talking unwarranted shit about my city I need to respond. Let Hov handle the rappers, I'll handle the bloggers. Which is what I'm doing today. A post was made on a blog today that I took exception to. Not only because of it's horribly bad timing, but also the amount of NY hate that is in it. So here it is, Below I've included the link to the aforementioned blog and Tha King's response, which I also left on the blog. You may notice that this writer also refers to himself in the 3rd person from time to time, this is purely coincidental;


http://www.verysmartbrothas.com/the-si-most-overhyped-and-overrated-things-about-new-york-city/

THA KING'S RESPONSE;
Alas, I knew this day would come. I have been a silent admirer of the VSB, more
specifically The Champ(Panama be on some next ish), for sometime now. Up until this point I've agreed and with most of the thoughts expressed but a line a been crossed.A New York hate post? I thought you were above that. Instead of reciprocation of the hate I will respectfully respond 5 of your arguments(we hate Rudy as much as everyone else, no argument there)

1. What separates The Notorious B.I.G. from Big Pun is the same thing that separates Jordan from Kobe, he came first. To the masses, who love to unfairly compare everything, Big Pun is just a Latin Biggie, which solidifies his place in hip hop mediocrity.If Pun came first, Big would be the fat black guy trying to be like Pun. Oh, and for the record, Tupac was the more popular and transcendent, but not the better rapper.

2. The Hill district? For Starters, New York was the largest and most well know receivers of Blacks during our migration from the southern states. Black's didn't start moving to Pittsburgh until a decade later. which is why the Harlem renaissance took place in the 20's and the renaissance in the Hill's started in the 30's. If that's not enough for you, I don't recall Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy starring in "Hill Nights"

3. New Rule; If the greatest basketball player of all time was born there. The best players in the world spend their summers there perfecting their game on it's playgrounds and the best player in the NBA today wants to play here despite the fact that the team is terrible, you are the Mecca of Basketball. That's why every spring your beloved Panthers travel to MSG to play in the Big East tournament. Futhermore, If I take 5 kids from 5 courts in New York I'm willing to bet money they can bust the asses of 5 kids from any other major city.

4. Like I said, on argument about Rudy, but the world rat population out numbers the
world human population. So don't say it's just New York.

5. Your absolutely right, New Yorker's are no more proud than any other people from any other city. The only difference is we don't talk shit about other places, we simply go on(at length) about how great our city is. When have you ever seen a “6 overrated things about (insert city here)” On a blog by a New Yorker?

6. This last one is pretty irrelevant. If the Taliban knew the significance of New York why don't you? They don't call it the capital of the world for nothing.

2 comments:

  1. You just put on for our city with this. We are the nation's capital for a reason. Either respect or you dont, WE WILL ALWAYS BE ON TOP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so cosign with you King. I rep NYC all day.

    ReplyDelete