Sunday, June 21, 2009

I love when you call me Big Poppa

For those of you that are living under a rock today is father's day. Much respect to
all the mothers and fathers out there doing what they have to do to give their kids a
better life. Tha King included mothers because a lot of people have mothers ,like mine,who played both parents.

Since the beginning of this month I've been having constant debates about when father’s day actually was. I was sure it was last Sunday, which is rather sad. Everyone knows what day mother’s day is and people go out of their way to show their appreciation for their mom. Father’s day however is just another day in the hood. Although tha King feels like a lot of the unappreciation fathers receive on fathers day and in general is a product of the shitty job they've been doing. Before I continue let tha king make himself 1000% clear; I'm talking about ALL FATHERS, not black fathers, not fathers in the hood, ALL FATHERS. Step your daddy game up fellas. Spend time with your kids, teach em shit,and experience things with them. Being a good dad is in guys.

I'm not gonna keep the blame train going too long, it not all their faults. America
has a an institutionalized bias against fathers. How many dads do you know have full
custody of their kids?......I'll wait. None! That's because the courts hardly ever give the kids to the father, the mother would have to be a crack head Britney Spears chick.Its rather disheartening as a young man to know if anything happens and I'm no longer with the mother of my child that I'm going to lose my kids. Personally I hope they have a diesel court officer cause he's gonna have to drag tha King out of that damn courtroom kicking and screaming. I want my damn kids!! They came from tha King's nuts and I want them back!!

Regardless of all that the bottom line is today is fathers day and too all the pops
out there doing right by their kids tha King respects and appreciates you.
Enjoy your day.



PS: Friday was Juneteenth people!! Google it.

3 comments:

  1. both my uncles have full custody of their kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope one lives in jamaica and the other is a nurse in florida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there you go. The US gov't doesn't want you going and taking American citizens to other countries.

    ReplyDelete