Monday, November 16, 2009

WWJD (What would Jay Do?)


Its ya boy!! Greetings and happy Monday, I trust everyone had a good weekend. The weather is getting Chilly so enjoy that last few days of warm temperatures while it lasts. Have you guys ever seen those bracelets that say "WWJD" on them? It stands for What Would Jesus Do. They're supposed to remind people to think to Jesus and use his words to help them when they are in need of guidance. Tha King thinks that while this is a good idea, most of us already know what Jesus would do and we don't do it anyway. Or if your like Tha King and don't attend church regularly you may not have a bible scripture that applies at hand at all times.

Religious beliefs aside, Tha King started to think; who has an extensive body of work that people apply to everyday life? Or at least wish that they could? Somebody that could say to do or not do something and the masses will follow. Just as Tha King was brainstorming, "Empire State" came on the radio.....bingo. Hov! This guy has been making rules for people to live by for years. Here are some of Jay's rules to live by, enjoy;


"I don't wear jerseys I'm 30 plus give a crisp pair of jeans nigga "button ups. - I remember when this album first came out. That Friday everybody and their mama had on a Jersey, Monday morning? Tight Jeans and button up shirts. Tha King and his friends were guilty of this as well. Not the tight Jeans though.

"We don't believe you, you need more people" - What the best way to make someone believe what your saying? Have an alibi, the more the better. Females must have been listening when he said this cause they stay with an alibi.

"Im a pimp by blood, not relation/ Yall be chasin I replace 'em" - Need I say more?

"Death before dishonor and I'll tell you what else/ I'll tighten my belt before I beg for help. - 2 for 1, Death before dishonor is rather self explanatory, although some people act like they never heard it before. The 2nd part is common practice for cocky bastards like Tha King. I'd rather be without something than ask for help, let alone beg.

"Fuck You Pay me !" Ok ok, Jay didn't technically say that, but it was on his song and it's too important to leave out. Don't take people's bullshit excuses for not paying you what they owe you. When they start giving excuses just look them in the eye and say...FUCK YOU! PAY ME!

Kinda of in a rush so I'll turn it over to you guys; Anymore Hov quotes to live by?

5 comments:

  1. "We don't believe you, you need more people" has to be the most qouted lyrics used on facebook or myspace

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A wise man told me don't argue with fools - cuz people from a distance can't tell who's who" - Takeover

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world don’t like us, is that not clear, alright, But I'm different, I can’t base what I'm gonna be off a what everybody isn’t,

    yeah so this is my first comment so bare with me, but this qoute speaks alot about who you are and how you see yourself in the mirror. you have to sell yourself and make ppl want what you have to offer and dont take no for a damn answer. you cant judge your insides off other ppls outsides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it won't be your last bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "See my life is like a see-saw, And until I move this weight it's going keep me to the floor" - Love this line!!

    - Angel

    ReplyDelete