Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why Don't You Have A Man? I'll Tell You One Reason Why!


It's been a long time. I shouldn't have left you, without a dope post for your mental. Let me be the first to wish you all a happy turkey day. If you don't eat turkey then....well you should be smacked quite frankly. My apologies for the slight hiatus, I had to get my shit together. I've been observing the foolery that has been transpiring though. Much to discuss we have....


Those that know me know I love to give advice. One because I'm nosey and I want people to tell me their business and Two, it's another opportunity for me to give my opinion. Well last night one of my BBM buddies comes seeking knowledge from the Royal one. She wants to now why she's still single. In fact, most of our conversations comprised of her complaining about some dude that isn't showing interest or how she hates seeing couples because she's jealous.


My advice was typical but excellent nonetheless. I told told her to turn to the Knicks game.


"Why?", was her response

"So we can watch."

" I'm not really a basketball fan."

"So what sports do you watch?"

"Ummm, none. lol"


Aha! I think we have found the problem. It's an issue that single women and cuffed women seem to take different sides on, which is pretty telling if you ask me. The issue isn't basketball, but a unwillingness to interest yourself in in the interests of the person you're interested in. I'll use myself as an example. This week I watched the Bad Girls Club reunion(that bitch Leah is crazy).


Now, let me make this very clear; I HATE THE BAD GIRLS CLUB. I loathe it, I detest it. So why would I sit through the reunion of a show that I can't stand? Simple, because women like the BGC. Since the reunion I have been able to spark countless conversations with the opposite sex by just mentioning that I saw the show. It was a common ground that we could meet at. The formula is as follows:


Women Like X

I like Women

Therefore I like X


Women, single ones more specifically, either don't get this or aren't willing to get with this. Instead of complaining about how much guys love Call of Duty, why don't you pick the damn game up and see what it's about? That way the next time they mention it, you can drop a little nugget of knowledge about the game and spark up a conversation. The same concept is true when dealing with children, if you want to connect with a child, learn about something they like. My mother was able to sit and discuss the Power Rangers with me at length, and we were closer because of it.


No one is asking you to become the next Phil Jackson. Or to log as much Call of Duty time as we do. Just enough to get the lines of communication open long enough for you to switch to some of the sappy sh*t you like to talk about. Is that so hard? Girlfriends do to, maybe that's why you aren't one.

5 comments:

  1. I can agree with this post... But I would say humbly tolerate as opposed to "like" but never-the-less good point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this .. Good points enough said

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this post is true, but how can one relate to the things u like without becoming a "home-girl." I'm the type that wouldn't mind playing a video game or watching a sports game with a potential interest but sometimes that stamps "FRIEND" on ur forehead. So it goes from "yeah she's cute, I like her" to "yeah she's cool"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree I used to hate watching football loved the sport but hated watching it! Now I'm more excited about Sundays and Mondays than my man is! Not only do I watch it but I follow it I can hold in depth conversations about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree w/ this but I'm not much of a sports fanatic.. My boss had "Go Celtics" on his bbm stat a while ago n I asked him if that was football team.. He gave me the "I can't believe u just said that" look n I knew I had some learning to do.. Even though I don't really watch sports I'm open minded to it.. If I have an interest in someone I want to be involved in whatever it is they like

    ReplyDelete